Monday 18 February 2013

20 Days of Gold Making - day 14 how much time

Nev asksHow much of your playtime is devoted to gold making? Do you raid/pvp/pet battle too or is the AH your main playtime?

My gold-making is done in the time between doing other things. During Wrath, I got bitten by the raiding bug, and so I spent a lot of time trying to get into raids: my guild at the time raided once a week, and I always had a place there (because I would lead that raid), and I would try to get into other people's raids as well. Also, running heroic instances was important for gear drops and emblem drops. So that took up a good deal of time. My banker, as I mentioned earlier, enjoyed level 19 PvP, and would spend a lot of time in Warsong Gulch, so that pretty much absorbed most of my time and hers. Most of our gold-making was done while she was waiting to be called to battle.

The guild I'd been in during Wrath fell apart at the end of Wrath, just before the Cataclysm. I joined a new guild that was one of the top raiding guilds on the realm, and spent the first few months of Cataclysm raiding with them; but mages were not doing good damage in Cata, and I struggled to keep my raid place. It didn't much matter, though. That guild was torn apart by the change from 25-man to 10-man raiding, and by egotism. That was a bit depressing, and I stopped raiding seriously for the most of Cataclysm. I joined my banker's guild and had a little fun making gold instead, so most of my time in Azeroth at that point was devoted to making gold, and building up the guild.

With the discovery of Pandaria, I've re-discovered my love of raiding (though getting into a raiding team without changing guild is a challenge), so my gold-making time has reduced. That's as it should be. I've enough gold to be getting on with.

Part of the 20 days of Gold Making series

No comments:

Post a Comment